1508 So. 87th Street
West Allis, WI 53214
Phone: (414) 207-5664
To provide excellence in the areas of vision, leadership, development, implementation, hosting, and support as they pertain to integrated computer software systems in an innovative and forward thinking organization. I have listed 12+ years of experience for your reference in these areas outlining my abilities and skill set. Previous work has been performed in executive leadership, infrastructure, supply chain execution, software development and design, research, customer support, internet connectivity, and religious ministry.
Milwaukee School of Engineering
Degree: Bachelor of Science in Computer Engineering (BSCE)
Significant emphasis on embedded systems design as well as software design paradigms including procedural and object oriented programming (OOP). All lab work was full scale and pertinent to "real world" scenarios.
Senior Technical Leader
Jul 2012 - Present
Project Leader / Technical Leader
Nov 2010 - Jul 2012
Master Software Engineer
Jun 2009 - Nov 2010
Senior Software Engineer
Nov 2007 - Jun 2009
May 2006 - Nov 2007
- Led and participated in detailed discovery processes to document and formalize system requirements.
- Provided gap analysis and creative solutions to avoid heavy development cycles on tight budgets.
- Authored solution summary, functional analysis, detailed design, and statement of work documents for many projects for customers of all sizes across industries covering solutions from beginning to end.
- Developed and implemented service oriented (SOA) solutions to manage supply chain execution for industry leading companies including RFID tracking/compliance, material handling, inventory visibility, supply chain systems integration, and warehouse/inventory management.
- Extensively traveled to customer locations for analysis, testing, implementation, support, and training.
- Exhibited effective project leadership in fast paced environments on small and large projects by reliably accomplishing objectives on time and under budget in a customer centric manner.
- Worked in many industries including heavy machinery, grocery, consumer packaged goods, food and beverage, toys, electronics, third party logistics, cold storage, banking, pharmaceuticals, and cosmetics.
- Used existing technology to provide new and innovative internal management tools to automate and improve current difficult, repetitive, and valuable processes.
- Adapted to an entirely proprietary software environment learning entirely new tools and methods for software development and implementation in a cross-platform and database independent solution set.
Nov 2002 - Present
- Contributed vision and direction with regard to product offerings, pricing models, and sales strategy.
- Consistently offered competitive solutions with the goal of continuing to rival functionality provided by competitors at all levels for a range of new and existing customers in various verticals.
- Developed/deployed/hosted a wide range of mission critical business systems for a variety of verticals including ecommerce, content management (CMS), customer relationship management (CRM), etc.
- Deployed a world-class infrastructure utilizing proven design paradigms such as virtualization, high availability, storage area networks (SAN), replication and synchronization, and load balancing.
- Provided uninterrupted service for critical applications for hosted customers' solutions.
- Prioritized and balanced work load including offloading portions of larger projects to contract workers.
- Established strategic partnerships in order to generate business, expand offerings, and cultivate a valuable collaborative environment.
Ministry Team Leader
Sep 2005 - May 2006
- Acquired a familiarity with being in front of large groups in excess of one hundred fifty by regularly participating in weekly large group assemblies in a variety of roles occasionally with little or no notice.
- Further developed leadership skill set by setting goals, planning, and leading small groups.
- Participated in regular staff meetings providing feedback, creative ideas, and direction.
- Grew and adapted through exposure to an extremely fluid and flexible environment that challenged my personal work habits and routine.
Rapid Prototyping Center
Undergraduate Research Assistant
Dec 2003 - Sep 2005
- Implemented new hardware and software for reliability and fault tolerance of critical systems making those systems more stable and productive.
- Increased my knowledge of UNIX based networking by implementing and maintaining equipment which provided stable 24x7x365 operations in a setting where every second of uptime mattered.
- Developed a familiarity with a lab setting and working in an environment with hazardous materials.
- Deployed new file servers, backup solution, threat management solution, web server platform, and VPN.
- Utilized open source solutions for a variety of needs in order to allow for customization and cost reduction.
CityScape Communications, Inc
Aug 2000 - Sep 2002
- Primary contact and developer for database driven ecommerce web applications, establishing lasting relationships with customers providing well designed solutions customized to fit specific needs.
- Gained an in depth knowledge of the operations of an internet service provider and a detailed understanding of IP networking including security, architecture, and monitoring.
- Built and deployed internal and external server solutions for VPN, file storage, user authentication, spam and virus filtering, email, and monitoring.
Technical Skill Set
System Software Development
- Extensive programming experience with 3GL and 4GL languages.
- Software development experience includes IDEs from Microsoft and the open source community such as Microsoft Visual Studio and the GCC development environment as well as proprietary environments.
- Popular tools used include CRON, CVS/SVN/Git, Cygwin, Eclipse, LextEdit, Navicat, Putty, SQL Server Management Studio, Toad, Wiki and other collaboration tools, WinMSQL, Wireshark, various command line tools (cat, cut, diff, grep, patch, scp/ssh, etc), and various text editors (Nano/Pico, UltraEdit, Vi, etc).
Embedded Solution Development
- Experience in embedded systems includes Motorola Assembly, Java, and C. I have worked with the Motorola 68hc11, Zilog ez80F91, Alien ALR-9xxx, A-B PLCs, Motorola iDEN (J2ME), Opto 22, and a wide variety of vehicle-mount and hand-held radio frequency devices.
- Academic experience with instruction set/architecture design.
- Embedded experience includes deploying centrally managed applications on embedded mobile devices.
- OS expertise on Linux (Gentoo, RedHat, Debian), Solaris, HP-UX, and Windows (NT, 2000, 2003, 2008).
- Virtual/hosting environment experience includes cPanel, Xen, EC2, and VMWare (Server, ESX, vSphere).
- Extensive command line management/monitoring experience including processes, I/O, and networking.
- Extremely experienced with IP networking, routing, firewalling (Juniper, Fortinet, Cisco) and client/server applications including embedded applications.
- Development of automated tools/scripts to eliminate the need for regular tedious tasks.
Managerial Skill Set
- Able to quickly build a productive and healthy rapport with managers, customers, and employees.
- Professionalism, courtesy, and satisfaction are values I maintain and respect at all times.
- Triage and firefighting, when unavoidable, are critical skills I posses that have allowed me to be successful even in the face of potential failure and frustration on difficult projects.
- I prefer not to micromanage and to provide a positive, energetic, and solution centric environment.
- Removal of restrictions and barriers where possible while maintaining deadlines, quality, and budget.
Delegation and Prioritization
- Demonstrated ability to balance and prioritize many simultaneous tasks and initiatives.
- Ability to maintain a balance between delegation of tasks and maintaining a grasp on the details of a project without interfering with the productivity of the people involved in completing the project.